At a glance.
with Monash Intranet
Pay By Phone
In July, 2019 Liftango was approached by Monash University to deploy a solution to remove the ‘paper permit’, and work alongside Pay By Phone, to integrate seamlessly with their current payment system. As a result, Monash has obtained the greatest user uptake of all Liftango clients since inception. They have reached the largest number of users six (6) times faster than the closest client as a direct result of the smart parking integration and discounted parking.
With a current program already in place, and congestion on all Monash campuses at an all-time high, the following issues had to be worked out:
- With a resource-heavy paper permit system - it was difficult to validate these carpools, how could they ensure they were actually occurring?
- Their new solution would have to be able to integrate with the current Pay By Phone parking system
- Monash staff and students would need to log in using Single Sign-On (SSO)
- Ensure a high uptake of the carpooling system
The main challenge was to create a framework that supported third-party parking solutions. This led to the creation of an event-driven elastic infrastructure, enabling smart parking integration. By providing a push API, parking partners have little to no development requirements. This means Liftango takes on all the heavy lifting. Creating a powerful carpooling incentive that utilised existing parking software to drive uptake for clients.
- Removal of all paper parking carpool permits
- 6x faster uptake of users than all other Liftango Clients
- Free parking for validated carpoolers during launch period
- Integration between Pay by Phone (smart parking provider), Monash University (SSO integration), Liftango (carpool and parking validation)