At a glance.
Peak Hrs. Mon-Fri.
In February 2018, Liftango deployed an on-demand solution as part of a State-wide multi-site On-Demand Public Transport trial on the Central Coast of NSW. The deployment is a point-to-hub service connecting residents to a nearby train station.
The City of Woy Woy is a regional, low-density area on a peninsula that makes travel in and out challenging during peak periods.
Being an hour from Sydney, many residents choose to commute to work via rail. The subsequent congestion at the station is a direct result of peak demand and insufficient parking.
It results in the following challenges;
- Lack of parking disincentivises mass transit use
- Poor lighting and parking far from the station raises safety concerns
- Single-occupancy vehicle use only increases the peak-period bottleneck leading in and out of the peninsular
Liftango and CTCCL launched CoastConnect. A commuter transport service connecting residents to the station during peak periods. By creating a convenient, safe and reliable service CoastConnect increases patronage month-on-month and retains loyal passengers.
- 57% Increase in trips since launch
- 72% retention rate month on month
- loyal patonage (400+ trips taken by individual users)